Caring for your Isinglass Designs Products
The hospitality and restaurant industries can be tough on furniture, and purchasing commercial-grade hospitality furniture and displayware is an investment. We have compiled a list of care recommendations that will help your products last for years, through even the harshest of conditions. We have also made this guide available as a PDF for your convenience.
Metal Frame Care:
- Occasionally clean metal with a mild soap and water.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry with soft cloth.
- Do not use harsh abrasives or strong detergents.
- Not intended for outdoor use.
- To clean your glass tabletop or serveware, use a mild liquid dishwashing detergent with a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid abrasive sponges or cleaning cloths.
- Do not carve or cut directly on glass product with sharp or serrated utensils as you may scratch the surface.
- Do not place hot chafing dishes or hot serving dishes of any kind directly on glass surfaces. We recommend covering the bottoms of all tabletop accessories and/or feet of accessories with felt and using protective pads under all hot dishes.
- Dust frequently with a soft cotton cloth.
- Occasionally clean wood with a slightly damp soft cloth.
- It is always best to use high quality polish on any wood product.
- Very hot or cold items should not be placed directly on the surface of wood. Use protective pads.
- Do not set hot chafing dishes or hot serving dishes of any kind directly on wood tabletops. We recommend covering the bottoms of all tabletop accessories with felt and using protective pads under all hot dishes.
- Do not clean wood with soap and water.
- Do not use cleaners containing soap, oil, ammonia or solvents.
- Do not leave liquid on wood. Blot spills immediately.
- Do not use harsh abrasives of any kind.
- Do not leave water or other liquids standing on the wood.
- Do not place wood in direct sunlight.
- Do not expose wood to extreme changes in humidity.
- Not intended for outside use.
- Use a solution of warm water and mild detergent for cleaning.
- Immerse a clean sponge in the solution and wring out the excess. Too much water can cause vinyl to dry and crack over time so make sure to use a clean soft towel to dry the area after cleaning.
- Regularly clean/dust vinyl upholstery as dust can collect in tiny folds on the vinyl.
- Deal with surface spills as soon as possible. Most situations will require nothing more than a damp cloth. Be aware that if the liquid is allowed to dry on the surface, it will often be more difficult to remove and may damage the vinyl.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives for cleaning vinyl upholstery
- Maintaining Cambria is easy. Simply wash with a soft cotton cloth and warm water, and mild soap if desired.
- Do not expose, in use or otherwise, Cambria Product to abrasive, strong alkaline, acid, free radicals, oxidizers, or other cleaners of the like (whether high, neutral, or low pH). Various chemicals are corrosive and/or erosive in their ability to attack any surface, including Cambria Product. Be very aware of these potential damages to its surface.
- Cambria is not heat proof, chemical proof, or fracture proof in any form. Be aware of exposure to these potentially damaging acts.
- Do not use or expose Cambria Product to certain cleaning products, including, but not limited to, bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, S.O.S.®, products with pumice, batteries, paint removers, furniture strippers, tarnish or silver cleaners, or the like.
- Do not use abrasive or harsh scrub pads.
- Do not apply any sealers, penetrants, or topical treatments to Cambria Product under any circumstances. Such products will wear off and cause the gloss to appear dull or inconsistent.
- Cambria Product is created from pure natural quartz stone. Variation in natural quartz stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are unique and inherent characteristics of this product.
- Color blotches are intentionally included in many designs to enhance the Product’s natural beauty. Samples are small select cuts from a larger slab and may not fully exhibit all the design characteristics of the final installed Product. These variations do not affect performance and do not qualify for Product replacement.
- Cambria is durable and resistant to surface damage. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip-proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria Product, no stone surface is scratch-proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multicolored design surfaces.
- Cambria Product is not a seamless product; seams are visible. Where there are seams changes in the Product pattern and shade will be visible.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria Product may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, slow cookers, roaster ovens, and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a closed-weave hot pad or solid trivet, like a bread board, is always recommended to prevent heating the Product.
- Cambria Product is not a structural support material and must be supported in every application. 2cm and 3cm thicknesses are for countertops and other horizontal surfaces.
- Cambria Matte™ finish will show surface markings caused during normal use, which are easily removed with an all-purpose cleaner such as concentrated Simple Green® cleaner. Cambria Matte™ finish does not shine, and may soil and/or appear to stain from soiling, especially when used in heavy traffic areas such as flooring.
- Clean periodically using a soft cloth and warm water with mild soap.
- Fiber Resin is Chemical-resistant. For a deeper clean, use disinfectant or sanitizer.
- Can be repeatedly cleaned and sanitized against Covid-19 with all approved disinfectants and sanitizers as outlined by the CDC.